In order to address predicted population growth, the Order of St John needed to expand their Queenstown Area facilities.
Signal Management Group were engaged to plan, design and construct a new ambulance station. The station is centrally located at the entrance to Queenstown airport in Frankton. This ideal location provides minimum response time for the entire Wakatipu basin. It is adjacent to Lakes District Hospital and on site with Queenstown Airport for access to air ambulance and Lakes District Air Rescue Trust operations.
The station was designed to ensure that future expansion can be easily undertaken as the demand for St John's services increases.
The current facilities include:
- Six ambulance bays and equipment storage;
- Operational headquarters, offices and administration for the Queenstown region;
- Public training facilities available for community use;
- Staff accommodation, kitchen, toilet and shower facilities;
- Backup power generation and water storage.